Two of the key League Cup quarter finals did manage to beat the weather and Cup holders Cefn Albion had their dreams of securing a semi-final berth totally shattered by Mold Alex who chalked up a 3-1 success. Ian Oliver Davies gave Cefn a dream start despite Mold starting the brighter and missing two good half chances as well as watching Arron North crashing his shot against the bar from a tight angle. The Cefn goal however perked them up and they were controlling the game but shortly before half-time, Mold got back on level terms when Arron North pounced on a defensive mistake to coolly slot home to make it 1-1. The second half was very much Mold in control and they got their noses in front when Lee Jones found space and drove forward before finding the top corner with a fantastic finish. Cefn were unlucky not to get back on level terms when a Jimmy Jones free kick was well saved by Ben Jones. Mold wrapped up there place in the semi finals when Aled Reece rounded the keeper and slotted home from a tight angle.

It was all square at the Ring at the break between Llay Welfare and Buckley Town but it was a different Buckley that turned up in the second half with them clearly responding to an inspirational Dan Moore team talk. The deadlock was broken in the 65th minute when Welfare keeper Dave Williams kept out shots from Shaun Tinsley and Aron Williams but at the 3rd attempt, Jordan Hensall prodded home. With 10 minutes remaining and Llay failed to cash in on the few chances that did fall their way and Tinsley netted from close range after some good work by Hensell. It was game set and match in the 87th minute when Chris Forshaw, took on two Llay defenders and beat the keeper Williams on a one-on-one.

In the Premier Division, all games were wiped out by the weather but there was a full compliment of games in Division One and there was quite a shock in store for overnight leaders Brymbo who were given a lesson in finishing by rampant New Brighton Villa whose man of the match was new signing Danny Barlow who weighed in with a double salvo and it was the difference between the two sides. He opened his sides account on the half hour mark but it was all square at the break after Zac Clarke levelled from the penalty spot on the stroke of half time. Barlow restored the visitors lead and Chris Turner put the game to bed with 8 minutes remaining.

We now have new league leaders in Rhos Aelwyd who secured a hard fought 4-2 victory at Llangollen. They took a 10th minute lead through Aled Robertson but Llan responded in the best possible fashion when Kevin Day struck twice to go in 2-1 up at the break. A close range header from Jamie Rogers levelled the match and further strikes from Ryan Jenkins and Rogers again earned Rhos three valuable points.

Castell Alun Colts chalked up an easy 3-1 win against Overton, Scott Williams put them ahead and a late double salvo from Stuart Williams wrapped up the points.

In the Division One League Cup, Cefn Mawr raised their game to send Mynydd Isa Spartans crashing out 4-2 and man of the match Lewis Jones converted a hat-trick, cementing their win was Luke Bowen.

Turning to the Reserves Division, Chirk AAA’s were picked off 4-2 by a young and talented Flint Town United who carved out a 3-0 advantage, they were given a scare when Sean Morris and Calab Davies pegged things back to 3-2 but Flint added a 4th goal late on.

Hawarden Rangers trailed to a Gareth Jones goal but turning the clash on its head for Rangers to win 2-1 were Matt Armstrong and Tyler Wood.

Queens Park were floored 4-1 but they seem to have unearthed a bright prospect in Caine Soton who did manage to grab their consolation goal. Visitors Ruthin Town were on target through Rhys Jones, Tom Dyer, Rhys Rowlands and Zac Edwards.

The only game to get the green light in the Reserves and Colts Division was at Ponciau Banks where hosts Rhos Aelwyd were narrowly defeated 3-2 by Llay Welfare who netted through Tom Davies, Chris Owen and Joe Crawford with Dan Roberts bagging a brace of goals.