Welsh National League Premier Division League Brickfield Rangers had their match against Mold Alex canned due to the fact a burst water drain had flooded one side of the pitch forcing a postponement.

Match of the day was at Holyhead Road where Chirk AAA’s defeated form team Llay Welfare 2-0. Liam Sklenar had a dream debut transferring from LEX on the eve of the game and he was quick to make an impression netting both of his sides goals.

Buckley Town proved they are a team on the up, best demonstrated by their 5-0 victory over Rhostyllen and they seem to be scoring for fun at the moment. Making up their nap hand were Paul Keenan and Aran Williams who carved out a 2-0 interval lead, Shaun Tinsley, Luke Burgess and Luke Riley.

The Corwen clash with FC Nomads was always going to be a tight affair and as anticipated just one goal separated the sides as Corwen shaded things 3-2. Joe Williams broke the deadlock for the hosts only to see Danny Wynne atone with a bullet header from a free-kick. Corwen regained the lead through Tom Williams but skipper Ben Howarth levelled. Playing with the wind in the second half, Corwen looked the stronger team and went on to add a third goal from Tom Williams (pictured) and it proved decisive. They did have a late scare however when keeper Gethin Williams went off injured so full back Sion Dolben Hughes took over and did well.

Cefn Albion took 2-0 lead at Hawarden Rangers through a Connor Kendrick double salvo but then capitulated and to be quite frank, clubs spokesman Paul Griffiths stated “After taking the lead we became totally lethargic and our hosts thoroughly deserved to turn things around and win 4-2.” The revival arrived courtesy of efforts from Wayne Edwards and a hat-trick from man of the match Terry Nicholas.

Lex Glyndwr were back in business and they accounted for Penycae 2-0 with Matty Harrison netting both of the goals.

Under new management, Saltney Town got their campaign back on track and under the new stewardship of Marc Edwards and Darren Meredith, they recorded a 3-0 verdict against Coedpoeth, on target were Dylan Edwards, Ryan Farrell and Paul Johnson.

Division One leaders Maesgwyn are hitting a nice purple patch and they accounted for Penley 4-2 with man of the match Richard Jones converting a hat-trick and Adam Roberts making sure of the points.

Rhos Aelwyd failed to build on last weeks cup win and were surprisingly held to a 1-1 draw at Johnstown Youth who were more than worthy of the point they achieved. Ieuan Jones scored with a stunning 25 yard free-kick but Rhos scored a late equaliser through Jamie Rogers.

Living proof that New Brighton Villa’s recent success was not a one off performance, they raised their game to defeat Llangollen 2-1 all after Dominic Jay had provided Llan with an interval lead. Turning this clash on it head were Grant Spencer and Jordan Donnington who netted an 89th minute winner.

The Mynydd Isa Spartans game against Cefn Mawr Rangers failed to go ahead as the ground was closed with the pitch being in a poor state.

Acrefair unfortunately are turning out to be the leagues whipping boys and they lost 11-0 against to Rhydymwyn meaning they have let in an average of 8 goals a game so far. Rhyd’s account was amassed by hat-trick heroes Matt Gillsannon and Adam Davies, Kyle Hart(2), Dave Williams, Ryan Edwards and Sam Davidson.

The Reserves Division leaders Ruthin Town were able to kick on again and they made it 10 straight wins on the bounce by sending Mold Alex crashing to a 2-1 defeat, on target were Tom Sharples and Huw Sadler.

Cefn Druids could well turn out to be Ruthin’s main threat of total dominance and they polished off Corwen 3-1 courtesy of strikes from Lewis George, Nathan Rennie and Matty Tombs.

The FC Nomads game was always going to be a tight affair against Chirk AAA but Nomads just nicked things 3-2 with efforts from Jamie Wynne, Josh Rimmer and Mitch Williams with Matty Cooke and Will Newall making a right scrap of things.

Flint Town United savaged Castell Alun Colts 7-1, Charlie Hughes captured a hat-trick and cementing their success were Iwan Jay, Jay Norbury, Mike Guest and Nathan Montoza. Scott Williams fired a lone consolation goal from the penalty spot.

Queens Park failed to build on their success at Gresford last week and they were held to a 3-3 draw by Hawarden Rangers. Rob Jevro and a brace from Jake Griffiths netted for the hosts with Rangers responding through Sean Antrobus, Tom Janney and Ross Lavender.

Brickfield Rangers Reserves strengthened their grip at the top of the Colts Division with a 7-0 success at Holywell Town. Old warhorse Kevin Breeze was a cut above the rest and he weighed in with a 4 goal salvo, adding to their tally were Scott Swords, Phil Carr and Jamie Monk.

Llay Welfare continue to go great guns and they beat Mynydd Isa Spartans 3-1 courtesy of efforts from Ben Robinson, Dean Morris and Adam Burgess with Lee Sylvester reducing the arrears from the penalty spot.

Overton have an eye on a promotion place and they sunk Maesgwyn 6-1. Chris Bush was star of the show converting a treble and completing their rout were Harry Massey, Owen Platt and Kalvin Davies.

Rhos Aelwyd savaged Johnstown Youth 5-0 and making up their nap hand were Callum Smith with a hat-trick and Dan Roberts(2).

Cefn Albion against Brymbo and the clash between Coedpoeth United and New Brighton Villa were both canned and victim of the referee shortage.