It was League Cup time in all Divisions and in the match of the day clash in the Premier section, cup specialists Chirk AAA’s threw away a 3-1 lead when the game only had 20 minutes remaining. Putting them in a commanding position were Matty Thomas(2) and Nathan Jones. To be fair Chirk had 5 key players but even for Mold to win this epic it was a formidable turn around and they have Keiran Gaul, Aled Reece who netted his first goal for the club, Danny Warren and Callum Freeman who netted a last gasp winner to thank for securing a 4-3 success.

Brickfield Rangers got themselves back to winning ways and they secured a comfortable 6-2 success against LEX Glyndwr. Dale Davies proved a real handful up front for ‘Bricky and his man of the match display earned him a double salvo. Cementing their success were Callum Humphreys, Sam Molyneux, Steve Watkin and Joe Sullivan. Adding some respectability to the scoreline for LEX was Matty Harrison and Ricky Evans from the penalty spot.

Llay Welfare again proved to be a bogey side for Penycae and in an epic tie at Afoneitha, it took extra time to split the sides. A telling factor being Penycae had a player dismissed in the 60th minute and paid the price. Granted Josh Millington and Austin Owen kept them in the game after Llay had taken a 3-2 lead through Alistair Gibson, Jake Kelsall and Lewis Bickerton Cole but in the 90th minute, Alex Rowlands converted penalty to take the tie into extra time. Llay stepped things up gear with their hosts tiring and Bickerton-Cole fired home from distance and it was a goal worthy of winning any match.

Coedpoeth United’s hopes of cup success were dashed when they flopped to a 3-1 eversal against Hawarden Rangers who took a 10th minute lead. Back came the hosts through Joe Edwards who netted with a close range header but Rangers booked a safe passage in the end with strikes from Terry Nicholas and Craig Stewart to add to and an og.

Corwen have done well in this competition over the years and made home advantage count narrowly defeating Saltney Town 3-2. Just a deflected shot from Joe Evans gave them an interval lead but a brace from Scott Evans shaded the tie despite Saltney replying through Jack Roberts and Danny Burgess after Steve Choicci missed a penalty for the visitors.

FC Nomads showed more purpose and desire which enabled them to account for Rhostyllen with consummate ease 3-1. On target were Steve Hughes, Sean Tuck and Keiran Moore. Netting a lone consolation goal was Mark Williams.

In the one and only Premier Division game being game played, Buckley Town beat Cefn Albion 4-1. Buckley were much the sharper and showed a better appetite all round. Adam Williams and Jay Harvey gave Buckley a 2 goal cushion at the break with Cefn squandering several clear cut chances. After the break, Jimmy Jones reduced the arrears with a stunning free-kick but a bad mistake gifted Buckley a 3rd goal through Harvey. Cefn then tired allowing Paul Keenan to put the game out of reach.

The key action in the Division One League Cup saw Llangollen shine, they sent Brymbo crashing out 3-2. Ben Wilson, Ben Williams and Meurin Hughes netted for the hosts with Billy New and John White reducing the arrears.

In the local derby at Moreton Playing Fields Johnstown Youth were second best throughout as Cefn Mawr Rangers cruised to a 7-1 success with strikes from man of the match Lewis Jones who converted a hat-trick, Ryan Harden, Matt Thompson who grabbed a goal in each half and Harri Gould.

Maesgwyn raised a few eyebrows as they demolished Rhydymwyn 8-1. Richard Jones, Darren Jones and Aston Jones netted 2 goals apiece and sealing their triumph were Jason Weaver and Adam Lovett.

Mynydd Isa Spartans booked a safe passage into the next round after flooring Acrefair 12-3. Aid Davies was the days top scorer grabbing himself a double hat-trick, Nathan Jones also fired a treble with Mike Whales(2) and Liam Jones completing the rout.

New Brighton Villa were second best against rampant Rhos Aelwyd who prospered 3-0 with strikes from James Haynes with a double salvo and Jamie Rogers.

In the Reserves Division League Cup, there was high drama at Clappers Lane when Gresford Athletic shaded their tie against FC Nomads with the last moment of extra time when veteran player boss Matt William making his first start in almost a decade grabbing the winner with a diving header. Netting the other goals for Gresford were new signing Taylor Williams and Darren Jones.

Flint Town United tumbled to a 4-1 reversal against Ruthin Town who were on target through a Tom Jones treble and Rhys Rowlands. Securing a lone consolation goal for the Sikmen was Kieran Thompson.

Out go Hawarden Rangers, they were defeated 5-2 by Cefn Druids. They were level at 2-2 at one stage through Tom Jenney and Tyler Woods but enabling Druids to go nap were Lewis George, Ben Dawson, Alex Buxton, Andy Vale and Aid Olizewski. What made the win so special was the fact Druids paraded 5 16 yr olds.

Queens Park failed to raise a team so they are likely to forfeit the tie against Chirk.

Mold Alexandra booked a safe passage into the next round defeating Corwen 4-2. On target were Ethan Parry, Nathan Williams, Tom Hyndeman and Sean Mason with Olly Crimp and Osian Morris reducing the arrears.

In the Reserves and Colts League Cup, Llay Welfare smashed Mynydd Isa Spartans 5-1, making up their nap hand were Ben Robinson(2), James Carey, Kerry Howells and John Rhys Edwards.

Goals from Lee Hanmer and Dan Roberts enabled Rhos Aelwyd to shade their clash with Johnstown Youth 2-1 after the visitors led at one stage through Jack White.

Brymbo and Maesgwyn shared a 10 goal thriller and netting for Brymbo was Adam Colley(2), Nathan Roberts and Damian Jones with a brace. Hitting back for the plucky visitors were James Edwards, Ash Dawson and Mike Morgan with a treble.