Welsh Cup Qualifying Round 2 took centre stage as FC Nomads were knocked out by Corwen after their encounter went to extra time. Nomads took a 47th minute lead through Kieran Moore but a last gasp injury time leveller through Scott Evans took the tie into extra-time where Tommy Mutton and James Evans were on target for cup kings Corwen, who will be one of the teams to avoid in the next round.

Mold Alex romped to a 5-0 win over Acton. Callum Freeman continued his fine form in front of goal by netting twice and Adam Renshaw also hit two to go with an Andreas Economides effort.

Chirk AAA should have hosted Llanuwchllyn but despite surrendering ground advantage they sneaked a 1-0 win thanks to a first half strike from Louis Middlehurst.

Lex Glyndwr had to rely on stand-in keeper Craig Hughes to save a Hawarden Rangers penalty as Liam Sklenar's only goal was good enough to see Ricky Evans' side through.

All the goals in the Llay Welfare and Penycae clash came in the opening half. Alistair Gibson struck twice and despite Austin Owen pegging a goal back, Luke Cahill gave Welfare a 3-1 win.

Brickfield Rangers were in top form in a superb 7-2 win at Rhostyllen. Lee McBurney, Steve Watkins, Steve Molyneux, Dale Davies, Ross Ankers, Michael Johnson and Callum Cross shared the goals with Matty Wills and Kieran Taylor replying.

Rhydymwyn were beaten 2-0 at Buckley Town who netted late on through Jake Roberts and Jordan Hensel.

There was a close call for Saltney Town who just about managed to pip Coedpoeth United 3-2. On target for Saltney were Paul Johnson, Jake Gibbons and Luke Douglas. Kurt Griffiths and Joe Edwards were Coedpoeth's scorers.

In the League action, Division One leaders Maesgwyn lost their 100 per cent record in a thrilling match that ended 5-4 to Cefn Mawr Rangers. Ryan Harden and Lewis Jones bagged two goals apiece and John Jones got the other with Richard Jones (2), Adam Bradshaw and Tyler Harvey replying.

Acrefair went down 8-2 at home to New Brighton Villa for whom Grant Spencer fired in four. Dominic Keighley hit a hat-trick and Max Quinn also scored. Acrefair's replies came via 16-year-old Ryan Evans and an own goal.

Overton demolished Llangollen Town 5-2 thanks to Lewis Evans (2), Lewis Evison, Tom Myers and Jamie Grice. Simon Williams hit both for Llan.

James Haynes and Jamie Rogers scored in Rhos Aelwyd's 2-0 win over Castell Alun while Mynydd Isa Spartans whitewashed Johnstown Youth 6-0. Craig Worthington, Gareth Jones, Sam Jones and Mike Whales' treble secured the points.

Reserves Division leaders Ruthin Town edged out Cefn Druids 4-3 thanks to Dave Finney (2), Will Owen and Alun Vaughan Evans. Lewis George (2) and Andy Vale hit back.

Gresford Athletic lost 3-1 at Hawarden Rangers whose marksmen were Tom Janney, Tyler Wood and Ian Morgan. Rhys Lloyd scored Athletic's consolation goal.

Saltney Town beat Castell Alun 5-2 with Curtis Neary and Tom Davies on target for the losers.

FC Nomads chalked up a 5-0 success against Corwen and on target were hat¬, trick hero Mitch Williams, Josh Rimmer and Kyle Amos.

In the opening round of the Reserves and Colts Cup, Holywell Town were dumped out 3-1 by Cefn Albion who had Ben Allen, Callum Vaughan and Alex Williams on the scoresheet. Callum Pritchard netted for the Wellmen.

Rhostyllen were 5-2 winners over Maesgwyn for whom Aston Jones and Ian Morgan scored.

In the Reserves and Colts Division, Overton were given a lesson in finishing by Brymbo who won 4-1. Player boss Damian Jones struck twice and Mark Woods also bagged a double.

Coedpoeth United's Dion Lewis scored the only goal against Mynydd Isa Spartans and it also finished 1-0 to Llay Welfare against New Brighton Villa.